Victims of Crime

Victims of Crime

We will walk with you through every step of the immigration process until you have your U visa and ultimately your green card in hand. We understand the importance of being able to obtain a work permit and your green card so that you can live in the same country as your family, explore new career options, buy a home, start contributing to your retirement through your own social security number, and live without fear. At the same time, we understand that the requirement for obtaining a U Visa certification from law enforcement and the U Visa process can be quite daunting, so we take care of the request for certification for you and strive to make the immigration process as easy as possible for you.

Our Process

  • Schedule a consultation where we will make a plan for you to obtain a U Visa.
  • We will request the required certification from law enforcement for you.
  • Once we receive the certification and your information, we will prepare all the necessary paperwork.
We will be with you every step of the way until you obtain your U Visa and ultimately your green card and U.S. citizenship.

Frequently Asked Questions

Does the crime have to be reported to the police?
Yes. If you were a victim of crime, the first step is to report the crime to the police. Then, obtain a copy of the police report so that we can review the report and determine if you are eligible for a U Visa.
Could I still qualify for a U Visa if the person who committed the crime was never arrested?
Yes. U Visas do not require an arrest or conviction of the offender. U Visas only require reporting the crime to law enforcement and assisting in requests from law enforcement.
Can I include my family members in the U Visa petition?
Yes. If you are under 21 years of age, you may include your spouse, children, parents, and unmarried siblings under 18 years of age in your application. If you are 21 years of age or older, you may include your spouse and children under 21 years of age in your application.
What if I have a criminal conviction or had problems with immigration in the past?
Criminal convictions and past immigration problems can definitely affect your U Visa case. However, many past issues may be overcome by applying for a waiver and showing positive things you have done with your life.

We’re Here to Help

Schedule a consultation. We will make a plan to accomplish your goals. You provide us with your information and documents. We take care of the rest.